Sunday, December 24, 2006

a few more pics ..and my first link

My first link in blogosphere would be my dad.. a proponent of reverse migration,he insists that his lecturing had people thinking on his lines and made them reverse migrate to smaller towns.i guess he intends to spread the message with a missionary zeal, the result of which is the blog REVERSE MIGRATION. Hope he is able to come up with a justifiable proposition. To start with I am with him......














Koonthankulam lake from the Watch Tower













Birds of the same feather flock together













The morning sun washing its face after a sleepy night














A gloomy tamirabarani at kallidai ( the sluice gates of the dam were closed)













The ascent starts here."Bhagawathipuram railwaygate" sounds like a movie right??




























The tunnel which separates TN and Kerala. Before the construction of Konkan Railway this was the longest tunnel in India.














The squeaking voices (ppl in the train) comes to a feeble end as the truant sunlight starts to show up.















Our Man negotiating his way through the pristine forests.















The meandering river trying to play the role of a faithful friend.














I thought he would depart me.But it seems he would guide me through the journey..














A true friend indeed.But i had to lose him as the train took me through a patch of darkness.There was light but he wasn't there.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics. I spent my Dec-Jan in Kallidai and have some snaps of the temple festivals of the place, Agasthiyar falls, etc. Love the place. My dad is a reverse migrant to the village from Mumbai and Chennai.

The longest tunnel before KR was in the Bhor Ghats on the Mumbai-Pune line, I think. The famous Kalthuruthy viaduct near Tenmalai has starred in many films.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Madras to Ambai said...

thnks for passing by

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job ambi... even with all d ammunities not many cud put themselves to put it out, let alone put it out so perfectly...call it d occupational hazard, one dont just dwell on anythng in this CCP'd world of today....keep writting...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home