Saturday, September 09, 2006

MY FASCINATION FOR MADRAS.....

"When you are away from ur near n dear ones , the bond increases manifold", they say.My relationship with Madras has been very similar.I tend to romanticize my separation from this place.Whenever i land at Central , i make sure i take the suburban train to T.Nagar..walk through Ranganathan street at 5:30 in the morning.You don't a chance to see a deserted ranganathan street..i make sure that i am one among the few,who get to see that. Aavin park,Adyar,my favourite spot to catch up with old friends,looks more snazzier,but the lazy character still remains.The word "lazy" conjures up images of Tirusoolam station in my mind.I have never seen a station more deserted than this...Journey to the airport would always mean boarding the train at Guindy n getting down at tirusoolam.Everytime i am in Madras, a visit to the Adyar aalamaram is always there in the itenary. Royapuram station,Mylapore kulam,egmore station,triplicane kulam have always caught my fascination.It is fine fr one to be excited about a place while staying far away from them.The greatest challenge is to keep the fire burning while living in the same place.Now that i am not far away from such a eventuality,my abilty to keep this fascination intact, would indeed be tested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home