Saturday, August 11, 2007

Response Change Colour.......
I have always wondered how the same stimuli could result in different responses depending on which phase of life one receives the stimuli. Consider this case in Point.
Mom giving a piece of her mind
When i was a kid.
Revenge was the obvious response to the above stimuli.I walk out of the house in indignation, swearing never to see my mom ever.The first few steps were always brisk. The sheer thought of my mom wailing at the loss of her beloved son used to send spasms of pleasure through my body.Sinister and sadistic it might seem, but i still feel, it was the most natural reaction.But my next few steps were always unsure. A hundred odd thoughts of different shades razed through my mind. A few paces further, the thoughts send spasms of fear through my body.I retreat, peep through the door, find that there is sanity all around and slip into room as though nothing had happened.

When i was teen
Experience is the best guide.Never ever allow yourselves to be taken over by your emotions, and end up doing a foolish act.With age on my side i decide to brave it.The altercation pursues. Sounds of "Thimuru" resound the house.Aided by fatigue and escapism, I beat a retreat, but not without a fight.

Now
When one is too experienced , one graduates to a state called Maya. The response to the stimuli : A benign Smile.The stream of thought that runs through the mind: "Ithu ellam evalavu pathachu".

Don't they call this metamorphosis??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home