Sunday, August 19, 2007

My love affair with IIT Madras.....
An ever enduring affair indeed.5 years of my schooling here had altered the way I look at this piece of shrubbery adjoining the Sardar Patel Road.Those were the days of idealism,always dreamt of doing my under-graduation from this school.Glad that i never made it , for that paved the way to go beyond the confines of home.Nine odd years and yet time has almost stood still in this piece of shrubbery.The woods, the roads, the deers , the lake and the silence, they all remain the same.Cycling my way through the woods,these days, i find myself in front of Tiffany's, IITM's canteen. I have never seen a canteen so well maintained and offering such fare as Tiffany's does.Add to the fact that the rates are quite nominal.It's fun eavesdropping into people's conversations. They range from Politics, a world of harsh realism to Academics , a world of idealism.A cup of filter coffee and sambar vada makes the crime of eavesdropping more delectable."Life in the woods would be bereft of its charm if it weren't for the chaos beyond",consoling words razed through my mind, as i wade through the traffic,showing by back to the world of idealism and embracing the realistic world. Yet, I intend to go back again and again to redeem my pledge of idealism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home