Tuesday, September 20, 2005

swami n friends to ambai..
was one novel which will always be etched in my minds for ever..juxtapose this with malgudi days the serial in doordarshan..i never watched the serial..but jus saw one episode where rajam leaves from malgudi..the railway station. the emotional outburst of swami...malgudi... the river sarayu all of these took me to utopia..my imagination used to run riot at school at the sheer thought of malgudi.. i happen to visit nagercoil once... that was in 1993 i guess..the station somehow reminded me of malgudi again..but over a period of time nagercoil went out of my memory..another district had occupied its place.tirunelveli..i happened to visit papanasam once n saw for myself the sheer force of the river tamiraparani( i guess the only jeevanathi in TN). my utopian dream was redeemed again when i went to pazhuvoor on the banks of the river tamiraparani..i needed my malgudi badly n then i saw dum dum dum ( the movie) n my malgudi was born..ambasamudram (in short ambai). not very different from malgudi this taluk is on the banks of the river tamiraparani( sarayu) ,fertile soil,lush green fields..rivers and lakes abound.. this was the heaven i was searching for..this happened 2 yrs back.. since then i have been visiting this place n discovering it frequently..the lakes..the bird sanctuaries..the dilapidated temples..me off to the place this weekend to soak myself in tranquility.i will be writing a lot about this place here for i beleive its has become the mainstay of my existence..one would also get to see my imagination run riot here as i unfold the life in my utopia..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow
so nice to hear from somebody abou my lovely ambai

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home